LIBRARY AND SCIENTIFIC DOCUMENTATION
CATALOGS AND ONLINE RESOURCES
The library specializes in Dermatology and Venereology and related biomedical sciences and is a scientific member of the Bibliosan network of Italian biomedical research institutions.
It offers the following services:
- Reference for finding materials, querying databases and accessing resources;
- Document Delivery request and retrieval of non-subscription scientific documentation via the NILDE portal or via email;
- ECM accredited training for healthcare professionals;
- Publication consultancy;
- Bibliometric searches through the PubMed database and the clinical decision support tool BMJ Best Practice and bibliometric analyzes with Web of Science, Scopus, JCR, Scimago, InCites and Scival.
In collaboration with the Scientific Direction, the Library Staff manages the scientific documentation for the Ministry of Health for the Research projects aimed at and for the yearly report of reasearch productivity (Research Workflow).
The Library possesses and conserves ancient material, divided into the Archival Fund and the Historical Fund.
THE HISTORICAL ARCHIVE
St. Gallicanus Hospital illustrated by Giuseppe Vasi (1710-1782)
The Institute has a history of almost three hundred years. This history can now be partially reconstructed through archival material preserved in its historical library. In fact, the archive preserves more than 200 volumes, for the most part entrance registers and ancient columns, which testify to the life and clinical-scientific activity of the hospital from the early nineteenth to the twentieth century.
Register of Admissions dated 1814 -1816
Register of Admission dated 1869-1871
THE ANCIENT LIBRARY COLLECTION
The ancient book collection consists of 320 volumes of the seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth centuries received through donations. The collection preserves ancient editions of historical-religious and medical-scientific topics.
The Library participates in numerous projects, including:
- Bibliosan Consortium, the network of Libraries of Italian Biomedical Research Bodies
- NILDE System (Network Inter-Library Document Exchange)
- ACNP, National Collective Archive of Italian Periodicals (library code RM297)
- SBN, National Library Service (library code RL1ZO)
- Cataloging of monographic material: SBN Sebina System
- Cataloging of periodicals: ACNP
- Subject / Thesaurus: MESH (Medical Subject Headings)
- Classification System: NLM / LCC
- Cataloging standards: REICAT / ISBD
OWNED BY THE LIBRARY
- Periodicals: 205
- Books: about 5000
ABOUT THE HISTORY OF SAN GALLICANO INSTITUTE IRCCS:
- Morrone Aldo, Messina Claudia, Ancient and modern pathologies and therapies: St. Gallicanus Hospital in Rome between the 18th and 20th centuries, Clinics in Dermatology (2021) doi.org/10.1016/j.clindermatol.2021.03.014
- Curzi Francesca, Aiello Arienna, Morrone Aldo. History of the Santa Maria and San Gallicano Dermatological Hospital. Ital J Dermatol Venerol (2021) Feb;156(1):20-28. 0.23736/S2784-8671.19.06416-2
Dr.ssa Claudia Messina PhD
Telephone: 06 52666227
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com