Coordinator: Dr Pasquale Frascione
This LINE includes three macro-areas:
- Biomarkers in Skin immuno-inflammatory Pathologies
- Skin Lipidomics in Skin Inflammatory Pathologies
- Biomarkers in Neoplastic Pathologies.
The identification of clinical, biohumoral or molecular markers is a prerequisite for precision medicine. The biomarkers allow a characterization and classification of the severity of dermatological pathologies; have a predictive value and provide useful indications for the therapeutic approach and the follow-up. The alterations induced by the environment from those produced by endogenous metabolisms must be identified and considered distinct. The objectives concern microbiome / skin interaction profiles and the evolution of oncological, autoimmune and inflammatory pathologies. The search for gene alterations contributes to the classification of lesions at risk for neoplastic transformations and to early diagnosis.
The lipid approach allows an analysis of skin and systemic lipid alterations associated with inflammatory and degenerative pathologies and the search for markers of barrier alterations. The experimental activities represent the translation of the experimental studies to the clinic. Skin inflammatory diseases have a pathogenetic substrate that often recognizes common mechanisms, linked to skin infiltration and consequent production of inflammatory activity mediators by immune-inflammatory cells. The induction of immunoreactive or transformative processes can be triggered by various causes, which include changes in the skin microbiome, exposure to allergenic, irritant or mutagenic substances, changes in the creation and barrier function of the skin, with changes in the protein component or the lipid one. The different skin cell cells can become the target of inflammatory and / or transformative processes. The identification of biohumoral, cellular or microbial markers and / or profiles is necessary to provide elements of early diagnosis, prognostic evaluation and therapeutic indications.
- Identification of cellular, biohumoral, lipid markers and profiles of the composition of the microbiome in inflammatory, autoimmune, infectious and neoplastic dermatological diseases.
- Definition of videomicroscopic algorithms of pigment lesions at risk and correlation with clinical, histological and genetic aspects.
- Validation of diagnostic / predictive markers in skin immuno-inflammatory diseases.
- Identification of alterations in the composition profiles of the microbiome in inflammatory and neoplastic skin diseases.
- Identification of lipid markers of activity in inflammatory pathologies.
- Identification of clinical, videodermatoscopic and molecular characteristics of neoplastic risk lesions and rare tumors.